Friday, July 2, 2010

The Answer!


Over the past year, I have often asked myself and God why he put another adoption and Rwanda on our hearts. Why were we given the amazing gift of funds a year ago for another adoption only to have to put everything on hold for a year? Why did we both immediately feel like our son was in Rwanda a year ago? Why have we gone through so much change and waiting for the last 5 months?


I now have the answer...


For the past several months, Matt has had his resume posted on the Mission Teach website. This is a site that is used by international Christian schools to find teachers. We have been turning down jobs in Columbia, Belize, Indonesia, etc. One day I was on the site checking to see if anything new had posted. I noticed that a school in Kigali was looking for a Math/Bible teacher. I looked up the school and found that you didn't have to teach Math you could just teach Bible. So, I sent the link to Matt and told him that he should apply. I can guarantee you that if we were not already in love with Rwanda and knew that our son was there, I would never have clicked on the job. I don't even think I would have known that Kigali was in Rwanda over a year ago.


Kigali International Community School, http://www.kicsrw.org/, first serves children of missionaries and humanitarian aid workers however most of the high school students are Rwandan. There are 34 nationalities represented at the school. There is even another teacher with 2 little girls from China. One is the same age as Emma.


After a couple of weeks of emailing and interviewing, Matt and I have both been offered jobs at that school! We are so thrilled! Matt will be teaching Bible, US History, World History and be the Chaplain. I will be working part time while Emma is in preschool at the church next door. I will be the Guidance Counselor focusing on Career/College Counseling. This is so perfect for me because while at Cornerstone University I worked with the international students. I am so excited to work with Rwandan students. Most of the students go to university in the States or the UK.


I am also really excited to be a resource for adoptive families. I hope to be able to help them with logistical things and answer questions about the city and orphanage. I would love to volunteer there once we get settled. How incredible that we will be able to live in Jack's city?!


When we told Emma that we are moving to Africa, she said "great...where the hippos live!"


We will be provided with a 3 bedroom fully furnished home, insurance and 1/2 of our flights will be covered. We do need to raise support for the rest of travel/moving as well as about $2000 a month for living expenses, Emma's preschool, travel, etc. If you feel led to support us monthly or with a special gift for travel, we will have details in the next few days. We are still working that out with the church.


Please pray that the finances come together quickly. We need to be in Kigali on August 2! That is one month from today! We need to sell our car, pretty much everything we own really, get Emma's passport processed, get vaccinations, and raise support.


God is the owner of all things and he owns this, too. He will move this financial mountain.


Jeana

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Jeana...what an amazing story & so laced with God's leading hand & His perfect timing. We'll certainly be praying during the next month for things to fall into place as you guys head to the next adventure the Lord has for you!

    Sheri, David, Micah & Adria

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Absolutely amazing!!! You will definitely be in our prayers as you make this huge move! I hope we can meet you when we travel to Kigali! It sounds perfect for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to talk with you more about your experience along the way and where you are at now (in all your spare time)! I'm thrilled to see God's direction in your lives! becky (bfisherhb@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Congratulations : ) Glad it worked out.
    - Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just found your blog and read some of the posts to discover why you were moving Rwanda. How cool that God put the location of your son on your hearts and opened the door for you to move there too! We are also in the process of adopting from Rwanda. I'm excited to follow your progress and learn more about Rwanda from your new life adventure. Maybe God will arrange our meeting one day!

    ReplyDelete