Monday, July 19, 2010

Scotland Revisited




Two weeks from today we leave LAX for Rwanda. I can't believe how fast this week has flown by. I must say that the highlight of my week was attending Coleman and Dayna's wedding. Five years ago, Coleman was a part of a missions team to Scotland that Matt and I led. Several of the students from that trip were able to attend the wedding. It was 5 years ago Saturday that we were chasing Tiger Woods around The Old Course in St. Andrews, Scotland. It made me think of all that we have been through in 5 years. Infertility, moving to Michigan, adopting Emma from China, Matt completing his Masters of Divinity, deciding to adopt a son, moving back to CA and now our huge move to Rwanda. The students have graduated high school and some of them college. Two are now married and one has 2 children of her own. It just amazes me that I can get together with this incredible group of people and feel like we have never been apart. They have become more than students in our youth group to me. They are truly my friends. I am better for having them in my life and I hope that I have had the same impact on their lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment