Monday, April 18, 2011

My Birthday Gift...

Friday was my birthday so we headed to the market in Ruhango to buy my present. I have been waiting for several weeks now to pick out this gift...a goat for Leia! Ruhango is the 2nd largest market in Rwanda and has the largest animal market. It was fantastic! As soon as we stepped out of the truck we were mobbed. We bought 4 goats for people in Todd and Andria's neighborhood by mine was going to Leia.

Matt and Emma at the market.
This picture pretty much sums up what happens any time we take Emma to the market.
Love this! Emma shaking hands with one of the kids.
I just think this couple is adorable!
Matt and Emma hanging with the kids.

Andria, Emie and I sat in the back of the truck with goats.
Emma delivering a goat to one of the neighbors.
This woman was collecting the goat for a handicapped woman in the village.
Matt passing off a goat.
Me giving Leia her goat. Notice Emma in the background making more gumbo!
She was so happy. She kept saying "Thank You" and "God Bless You."
The goat is officially hers! They used a pen to write on her thumb and take a finger print.

What an amazing way to celebrate my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment