Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Mommies are Coming! The Mommies are Coming!

In August 2009, Matt and I decided that we were going to adopt a baby boy from Rwanda. Being the planner and researcher that I am, I immediately started researching all of the options and meeting new people along the way. One of the first people I met was Allie. She has become so special to me over the last nearly 2 years.

We have spent the last 9 months dreaming about the day she and her husband would come to Kigali to pick up their daughter and we could finally meet. As time as gone by, we were beginning to worry that I might be in the States while she was here.

But, Rwanda finally came through...

she is coming in 2 weeks!!! There is a whole group of AWAA families coming and so far I know 3 of them. I am so thrilled! I can't wait to meet these wonderful ladies face to face. And, I am so honored that I have been asked to come and photograph Gotcha Day for them.

Oh Happy Day!

6 comments:

  1. We can't wait to meet you either, Jeana! Can't believe it's coming so soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad we will meet you! I would have been sad if we had missed. SO SO excited! I can't wait!!!! Love, Allie :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you can do the same one day soon for more of us! SO happy for the families getting ready to travel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you get to share in this special moment with these families!!! I would love for you to be there and help take photos when we travel, hopefully soon! =)

    ReplyDelete