Monday, November 23, 2009

The Paper Pregnency Has Officially Begun!

Since we have decided to move forward without an agency, I started gathering as much information as possible on the process. I have been making so many new friends. They have been so helpful and encouraging. I feel like I have the dossier process for Rwanda pretty under control. It helps already knowing the lingo. Last week I began ordering a few certificates and filling out some paperwork. It is so hard not to just jump in with both feet. I am trying to hold back as much as I can but you know me. Once I have my mind made up, I have to jump!

We are continuing to pray that the funds for the adoption (that are so generously being given to us) will be available by January. From what we are hearing from agencies and other families, the process is going to most likely slow down before it speeds back up. Where have we heard that before? HAHA A representative from AWAA told me that there is a large increase in the number of dossiers they are receiving (it went from 1-2 adoptions a year to 17 in 2008. this year will probably be much larger) and the Ministry is not hiring any additional staff to process them. They are also still fine tuning their process which can increase the wait. So, we are getting as much of the dossier ready as we can so that when the time comes we can do a quick home study, medical exams and the USCIS fingerprints. This will hopefully allow us to get our dossier to Rwanda pretty fast. I hate the thought of all this time being wasted.

Great news for the families who recently received referrals. Most of them have posted today that they have passed their court date. This means that the adoption is actually already final! They are now allowed to post photos of their children on their blogs for the world to see! If you would like to see some adorable faces, check out that blogs on the side under Rwanda Adoption Blogs. Hopefully, in about a year it will be our turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment