Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Heartbreak

I don't really know where to begin in describing this weeks visit to the orphanage. I can't really describe it in detail because I need to be careful what I say. We did not massage the babies. We were told that we can no longer do this. I am asking for your prayers that God would reopen this door. It is such a valuable and important thing for babies. I am praying that my descriptions of my visits were not the cause of this change. I have only said positive things about the orphanage and the workers so I am sure that is not the case. I just can't help but wonder.

This week they brought us a few handicapped children. It was so difficult. We were not mentally prepared to handle this but we said a quick prayer and God directed us. Fortunately, the mommy that I was with is a physical therapist so she knew right what to do and walked me through helping each child. It was so difficult emotionally...and physically. I can't really get into details just pray for these sweet children. Our hearts were breaking as we held them.

We were both nearly in tears by the time we left. We said quick goodbyes and gave hugs to all our little friends. We are not sure if we will be able to see them again in the future. We are going to go again next week and hopefully we will be able to make progress and find favor with the director. Please pray that her heart is changed and she sees that we are doing good. My heart is just breaking for these little miracles and for you waiting families. Again, we just ask for your prayers that when we return next week we will be able to love on those little babies again.

8 comments:

  1. thanks for letting us know what's going on, Jeana. And for your faithfulness to those babies. Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you beyond what words can say for what you are doing. Praying for you, for our babies, for those in whose charge they wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these little glimpses...even though they are hard to take in...get me through these very hard, VERY LONG days. thank you. for your heart and for your love for us over here! BLESSINGS to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for God to keep the doors open for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be praying for you, the children and the caregivers at the orphanage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying you can continue your work...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for your favor and God to keep the doors open for your healing hands.

    ReplyDelete