Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Where have I been?!

It's been 3 months since my last post and oh how things have changed.

December was full of Christmas fun and cheer. My brother and his family were able to visit from NY for a few days and we had a great time with them.

In January, we were able to go to San Diego to visit family for 10 days for Emma's birthday. We went to Disneyland, Sea World and The San Diego Zoo. Emma was free until she turned 3 so we hit them all while we could go for less money! We had an amazing time with our friends the Landinos. The kids are growing so fast and are always such a joy to hang out with. I wish that we could do it more than once a year. We also celebrated Emma's 3rd birthday while there with Matt's family and our friends. It was a great time.

When we got home, it was already February. We have moved to my parents' home for awhile because Matt is no longer working at the church. This has been an up and down time for us. We do believe that Matt is done with youth ministry however the timing wasn't exactly what we had in mind. He is busy looking for new employment. We know that God has something big for us and that this is the time. We are using these next few months to really pray and hear what God has to say to us. It is a time of rest and renewal.

So, as for the adoption, things are presently on hold. We obviously wouldn't qualify with my part-time income! But, if there is one thing that we learned to be so true through Emma's adoption it is that God's timing is perfect timing.

I would love to post some pictures but my parents' have dial up and I just can't stand to sit here that long! There are some on my facebook if you want to check them out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment